Här kommer den senaste uppdateringen vad gäller inresa i Tanzania:
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania (URT) through Ministry responsible for Health (mainland) continues to enhance prevailing preventive measures against the spread of COVID-19 including those related to international travel. In view of this, the Government is updating the Travel Advisory No. 9 of 24th December 2021 to version No. 10, effective from 17th March, 2022 to accommodate measures as follows:
- All travelers including Tanzanians, returning residents and members of the crew1/layovers are required to truthfully fill in an online Traveler’s Health Surveillance Form available at https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz/ for Tanzania mainland.
- Travelers entering URT including Tanzanians, returning residents and those in transit through land borders who are;
- Fully vaccinated, will be exempted from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Test requirements. Travelers will be required to present a valid vaccination certificate with QR code for verification upon arrival. The only accepted vaccines are those which have been approved by the URT and the World Health Organization.
- Not fully vaccinated, unvaccinated and those not eligible for vaccination due to their country policy will be required to present a negative COVID-19 RT- PCR or NAATs certificate with QR code obtained within 72 hours before departure. If travelers originate from countries listed at www.moh.go.tz or Points of Entry will be tested for COVID 19 upon arrival using a Rapid Antigen Test at their own cost of 10 USD (TZS 23,000) for Tanzania Mainland. If found positive they will be tested with RT- PCR for confirmation, allowed to self-isolate and the results will be sent via email or any other means.
- Not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated and have no negative COVID 19 RT- PCR certificate will be dealt as follows;
- In case of air transport and International marine vessels will be tested for COVID- 19 using RT PCR test at their own cost of 100 USD for Tanzania Mainland. Results will be sent to them while self-isolated.
- In case of International regional and inland vessels will be tested by Rapid Antigen Test at their own cost of 10 USD while positive will be further confirmed by RT- PCR at a cost of 50 USD for Tanzania Mainland.
- In case of ground crossing, will be tested by Rapid Antigen Test at their own cost of 10 USD and if found positive will be handled according to Bilateral and Joint
1 means persons on board a conveyance who are not passengers (source IHR, 2005 3rd Edition) 1
All truck drivers including crew should hold a valid negative COVID-19 RT PCR or NAATs certificate obtained from an accredited/approved national laboratory. The validity of the certificate shall be 14 days only. The truck drivers will be tested free for RT PCR.
All truck drivers including crew will be subjected to enhanced health screening at Points of Entry and will either be isolated or quarantined at the designated facilities at their own cost if theyare suspected of COVID-19 infection.
All trucks/vehicles carrying goods and services should have only 2-3 crews per truck/vehicle to facilitate smooth border crossing to Tanzania.
In case a driver or crew is isolated or quarantined while on transit, truck owner/operatormust make necessary arrangements to back up their crews to ensure that goods are delivered to the intended destination.
Truck drivers have to declare their final destinations at the Points of Entry.
of any medical emergency while in the United Republic of Tanzania, please call Toll Free
d. Children aged 5 years and below will be exempted from both RT PCR and Rapid Antigen Tests requirements.
- Travelers to URT who are eligible for Rapid Antigen Test as in section 2b above are advised to pay online to avoid unnecessary queue upon arrival through an automatically generated control number obtained after filling the online Traveler’s Health Surveillance Form. For those to Tanzania Mainland pay through https://afyamsafiri.moh.go.tz. The symptomatic positive Rapid Antigen travelers will be isolated for treatment at designated health facilities as per National COVID-19 Treatment Guideline.
- Travelers in transit by air transport are exempted from both vaccination and COVID 19 testing requirements unless stated otherwise by the conveyance to be used or countries of their final destinations.
- All departing travelers are advised to seek information prior to departure from travel agent regarding COVID-19 requirements of their country of destination or conveyance to be used.
Measures relating to trucks/vehicles carrying goods and services:
Health Emergency Number: 199 for Tanzania Mainland
NB: The Travel Advisory will be reviewed from time to time as need arises.